Thursday, October 23, 2008

Alien Lifecycle block print

Kustom Thrills Tattoo shop had a Monster Art Show opening Sunday. I made a three block prints of the Alien lifecycle. Here's my process.

First some sketches that I went over with with a charcoal pencil.


Then I laid the drawings on the blocks and tried to rub the images onto them, this kinda worked. Then I outlined them in more detail again on the blocks.


Here's the Alien egg carved out.


Here's the facehugger and my work space.


Egg and Facehugger blocks.


Alien warrior block.


All three.


The prints on the wall at the art show

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea!! I've been remodeling my bathroom and trying to come up with a theme that will make me smile every morning....The Alien Life Cycle is a winner!!!

-B- said...

I like the middle print!