Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Y: The Last Man to Become a Trilogy?

Y
Superherohype.com reports the following:

"In an interview with the USA Today about the last issue of Pia Guerra and Brian K. Vaughan's "Y: The Last Man," the director of the comic's upcoming adaptation, D.J. Caruso (Disturbia, upcoming Eagle Eye), says it might become a trilogy of films:

Caruso says he has had "preliminary discussions" with Shia LaBeouf to play Yorick.

"For me, thematically, the most important thing and the reason I want to do this is … I don't want to say it's the end of the innocence, but it's actually a man-child who has to become a real man now," Caruso says. "I think it's a really simple, beautiful theme, but at the same time, the movie's really pop-culture entertainment."

While the original plan was to squeeze the entire series into one movie, Caruso says the film will cover the first 14 issues of the comics. He adds that this opens the door for a trilogy."

This is great news, Y: The Last Man is the best thing written in pop culture in the last few years, a single movie couldn't encompasses the whole thing...though I'd be happier with a maxi-series on Showtime or HBO, a trilogy makes me feel much better.

1 comment:

Bryon Caldwell said...

this is going to be awesome. I still have to finish reading the books.