Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Debate 08

This morning after getting to the theatre I walked over to Fido to get coffee and then decided to walk on up to Belmont the site of the Presidental Debate Town Hall Meeting 08. Here is my report so far:

Looks like everything is starting to get set up on "Issues Alley". Ken Bernstein, of Bongo Java's Doyle & Debbie show bought me a Obama peace sugar and frosting cookie. There are fences, police and secret service people everywhere, mostly it seems like they're looking for coffee and asking each other "You need some coffee?"

News trucks are scattered about and people setting up tables are trying to stop their red, white or blue plastic table clothes from fluttering away.

I got an Obama bumper sticker at the Tuke for Senate table, I'm not sure who Tuke is, but his seemed to be the only place for free swag so I wore his sticker til I got to the corner of Belmont Blvd so as to not hurt his wife's feelings.

Reporting live from Belmont Debate 08

This picture is a visual representation of this blog entry

at the end of "Issues Alley" is a balloon fest

Belmont during the filming of "Red Dawn 2"

3 comments:

Adam J. Ely said...

I'm voting for Tom Brokaw! :)

Mary Brace said...

I was flipping channels. When Chris whats-his-face kept asking where all the McCain supporters were, I yelled at the tv - "they're in Hillsboro Village, smoking cigars and drinking beer where it's DRY, Tweety!"

Joshua Hayes said...

yeah, I heard that MusicRow4McCain was supposed to be at Sam's but no evidence was seen...